Topband: Beverage

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at surfvi.com
Tue May 22 08:34:19 EDT 2007

> I have acquired many feet hundreds of feet insulated cable. Some of this
is three and some of it is up to 12 strands ranging from 18
> AWG to 20 AWG. One cable type of which I have quiet a few is 200 feet
long.

> My question is, can this cable be used for a beverage antenna if I tie all
of the strands together at both ends and lay the cable
> out straight.

Bob,

I have used excess indoor CAT-5 cable this way and it works well....however
it is not as durable as 14 THN or copper weld and can not take much tension.
However, for as quick temporary BOG Beverage it may be just the answer.

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ