Topband: attention US titanex users

stoskopf at tri.net stoskopf at tri.net
Sun Nov 4 22:46:35 EST 2007

> Many of us have damaged Titanexes in need of parts.
>
> I ordered the top sections (2) as replacements and was shocked to find it
> costs over $500 to ship a 9kg. box (that is over 9 ft. long).

Makes me wonder.  At Dayton a couple of years ago there were a couple of
hams showing their proposal for a titanium alloy Yagi.  I've still got
their sample segment, but the WEB page they listed on their card was
almost immediately dead.

The Titanex vertical is a wonder for strength and weight.  I'm always
amazed that the base is at 45 degrees before the tip comes off the ground.

I've wanted to use the material for a 40M Moxon, at least the distal
portions, but can't seem to find a US supplier for anything like a
reasonable price and with the weak dollar, can't even think about getting
them from Eu.

Any leads?  The tips certainly could be gotten here.

N0UU