Topband: 160-Meter Propagation Mysteries

Gedking at aol.com Gedking at aol.com
Sat Nov 10 18:55:11 EST 2007

Propagation depends on lots of variables. the number of hops, what the
conditions are on the first hop from the xmiting station. The xmiting  station can
have a different number of hops than the receiving  station, some signals can
bounce around in between layers before being  dumped out. I think there is a
multitude of reasons. we experienced  the phenomenon on some of our Teletype
links in the service (Signal Corp  1954-55).
ED K8OT