Topband: Antenna weights

Dave Heil k8mn at frontiernet.net
Thu Nov 15 23:28:41 EST 2007

doktorij at bellsouth.net wrote:
> Another, often cheap or free, are weights used for weight lifting. They can be found at yard sales, flea markets and stores like Goodwill or Salvation Army. The plastic ones work well and seem to hold up in the weather I've encountered. They have a nice single hole that will handle the beefiest rope.

I've used both window sash weights found at garage sales and homemade
weights made by filling a 1 quart waxed cardboard milk or juice carton
with concrete.  Complete it by sticking a three or four inch eye bolt
with a nut and large flat washer into the concrete.  Hold the eye bolt
up across the rim of the carton with a couple of pencils until the
concrete cures.

Dave Heil K8MN