Topband: "T" Antenna

EP Swynar gswynar at durham.net
Fri Nov 23 14:35:21 EST 2007

Good Day All,

>From the literature I've researched, the classic "T" vertical antenna is strictly a vertically polarized radiator --- the horizontal component(s) of its radiation is effectively cancelled by the two halves of the top "T"...

Question: if this is so when the two halves of the "T" are opposed 180-degrees (as in the "classic" design), what might I expect in terms of horizontal cancellation were I to place my two halves 90-degrees relative to one another...? (in other words, if the affair looked like a "V", from a bird's eye view perspective, looking directly down).

Would cancellation of horizontal radiation be as complete...?

Like other subscribers to the Reflector, I, too, am beginning to wonder if a move to the "T" vs. inverted "L" might be the best way to go...however, my limitations in terms of property, tree location, spacing, etc. dictate the aforementioned 90-degree arrangement, vs. the 180 "classic" set-up.

Thanks in advance, & vy

~73~ Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ