Topband: Inverted L or 1/4 wave sloper?

Ryszard Tymkiewicz rtym at ippt.gov.pl
Tue Nov 27 04:19:54 EST 2007

> Regarding your shunt-fed tower:
> - What kind of radial system do you have for the tower?
> - What wire or tubing size do you use for the gamma "rod""
> - What is the rod-to-tower spacing and how high up is the tap point?
> - Do you use a single series capacitor or an Omega match (two caps) at
> the input?

Gus,
My garden is quite small just 30m X 30m so I have about 50 radials but most of them
are short...between 10-15 m,only few have 30m.
The gamma "rod" I'm using its just RG-58 coax where the inner wire and outer screen are
connected together.
The rod-to-tower spacing is 50 cm and the tap point is 8 meters high.
I'm using classic Gamma match with single series capacitor...if I remember about 400 pF .
As I wrote previously my tower is 18m high and there is X7 yagi on the top with added 2 elements
for 10 MHz....Slightly higher is  7 elements Yagi for 50 MHz.
I tuned the system quite easily with Autek VA1 analizer .

                              73
                         Rys
                      SP5EWY