Topband: The Stew Perry TBDC Aurora Borealis Award

Kristinn Andersen kristinn1 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:13:26 EST 2007

Thanks to the folks at the Boring Amateur Radio Club for conducting this
great contest once again.

 As noted in the the posting from Lew, W7EW/W7AT, earlier today, I decided
to sponsor the Aurora Borealis Award, which I hope will bolster activity
from those of us operating from within the area where the aurora belt is
dominating.  To clarify, the criterion for this award is simply:

 *Aurora Borealis Award - Top Score from operating QTH within 30 degrees
latitude (3,333km) of grid square FQ49 (geomagnetic north pole). *

Note that I had erroneously submitted another figure for this distance to
Lew, but here is the correct one, derived from the 30 degrees circle
surrounding the geomagnetic north pole.  This pole is constantly moving, so
its location may be redefined for next year.

I look forward to working as many of you as possible in the TBDC by the end
of the year.  Need to fix the antenna after the last storm, but expect to be
ready...

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX

http://www.simnet.is/net/tf3kx