Topband: Topbanders on in China

Richard Detweiler rdetweil at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:08:25 EDT 2007

Hello topbanders,

Our team in Beijing  will be on 160M for the CQWW 2007 SSB contest at the
end of October.

We will be putting up a vertical and a K9AY Loop to work during the contest,
  I don't think we have time before the contest to lay out a beverage unless
some one can give us a good idea on how to set one up in a few hours...

We have a FT1K and AL-1500 for radio.

I know we need to put the K9AY loop away from the main transmitting antenna
and ground the loop very well.

What is best cable to to run to the shack 75 ohm, or 50ohm, and should I use
pre-amplifier at the loop?  If so, any good ones out there I can buy.  I'd
also like to find a controller to set up the full 4 directions of the K9AY .

Best wishes,
richard
K5SF