Topband: early westcoast -EU prop

jhsimon jhsimon at comcast.net
Sat Sep 1 22:11:57 EDT 2007

Wolf.

Last night fortuitously was the first time this season I listened on 160, and was surprised to hear you coming through so nicely on my half-sloper (that's my only 160 meter antenna and I have no beverages for listening), There was a lot of rain static here in NW Washington, as it was uncharacteristically rainy for summer here, so that complicated matters. A few minutes after we worked, you were peaking s-9, but then dropped down in strength fairly quickly as your sunrise occurred. Yours was the only EU signal I was hearing during my brief listen on the band.

Here's hoping for an excellent season on Top Band.

73,
Jim  W1YY/7
Kingston, WA