Topband: Required switch attenuation...

K9AY k9ay at k9ay.com
Tue Sep 11 18:11:07 EDT 2007

from N3OX:

> If you have a few flags in a few directions and want to build a
> switch, how much attenuation between ports do you need? ...

Dan,

Dont' know what you'll hear from others, but 50 dB is the minimum I aim for,
and 60 dB is better. Depending on your situation, you might find 40 dB
acceptable.

My primary need for high isolation is that the TX antenna is among my
switching options. Also, a good RX antenna can have deep nulls off the side
or back -- you always want isolation better than your deepest null or it
will "fill in" with bleed-through from other antennas.

73, Gary
K9AY