Topband: Project Boxes for 160 meter Preamplifiers?

Dan Zimmerman N3OX n3ox at n3ox.net
Fri Sep 14 09:11:36 EDT 2007

"Plastic boxes outdoors need to be spray painted - Krylon works"

There's a paint for plastic that Rust-Oleum makes and I use the
textured stuff... I'm sure other brands have plastic paint too...

That's what I used on the garbage can that houses my matching networks
for my vertical:

http://www.n3ox.net/projects/sixtyvert/collapsed_lg.jpg

It's nice looking stuff and adheres well and seems to weather very well.

A gasketed plastic junction box from an electrical supply/home
improvement place painted with this stuff would be a great outdoor
enclosure for all sorts of things.  I read all the time that it's a
bad idea to try to seal it up entirely though... so don't do that.

73,
Dan