Topband: Source for wire?

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Thu Apr 10 10:04:26 EDT 2008

#16 THNN insulated stranded electrical wire in 500 foot rolls (Home Depot or
Electrical Supply Stores) are not the best nor the cheapest solution.  But
for the price here of $27.50 per roll (less in the states I would presume)
and laid out on the ground (ROG) with the far end held in place with large
nails (not touching the stranded wire) or other stakes, allows a quick,
efficient and inexpensive radial system.  The THNN wire is easy to handle
and quickly rolled up for grass cutting if needed.  I would not use aluminum
wire for a ground system.  But in Puerto Rico some stations have ended up
using inexpensive barbed wire since some fisherman stripm the BC stations
ground radial systems for fishpot construction.

Herb, KV4FZ