Topband: Source for wire?

Cecil Acuff chacuff at cableone.net
Fri Apr 11 08:08:12 EDT 2008

> A great and inexpensive source for very strong and durable uninsulated
> #18 suitable for Beverages are the 2500 foot spools of stainless steel
> lashing wire used by Cable TV trunk feeder installers.

I was lucky enough to come up with 8 to 10 spools of this stuff.  Plan to
use it for a radial field for my transmitt antenna at some point.  Biggest
problem I see is not being able to solder it to a ground buss.  I will
probably use a plate of some sort and stainless bolts for a mechanical
connection.  Got the wire for free so I guess it's worth the headache of
trying to figure out how to get it connected.

Cecil
K5DL