Topband: Delaware report

Jon Zaimes AA1K jz73 at verizon.net
Fri Apr 11 10:53:12 EDT 2008

VK6ABL has been the main activity the past week or so -- we've eeked out
a QSO just about every day though often with weak signals around sunrise
here.

But had a nice surprise this morning when RW0CF popped through at 1019z,
answering my CQ and we had 579 signals both ways. Peak here was on the
phased pair of 935-ft. Beverages at 320 degrees. I was TXing with the
3-el vertical parasitic array also beaming NW, and about 1100 watts out.

No sign of any JAs today though -- last one in the log was on March 24.

Nice to know there's still life in the band. Sunrise today was 1031z.

73/Jon AA1K
Felton, Delaware
www.aa1k.us