Topband: 160M Loop

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Sun Apr 13 20:36:07 EDT 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 10:48:31 -0700 (PDT), Jim Murray wrote:

>I'm going to try that along with an inverted L. just to get my feet
>wet on 160M.  I could try a Beverage in the future but it would
>have to go through trees.

Probably half the Beverages in the world go through either forests
or fields. Mine go through a dense forest, and they work fine. Same
for my neighbor, K6XX. In fact, trees are great because they give
you supports!  I use the yellow electric fence standoffs, nailed
into big trees. With small trees and bushes, I simply let the
branches hold the wire up.

73,

Jim K9CY