Topband: EWE on Remote QTH

Rune Øye la7tha at tussa.com
Sun Aug 10 11:00:03 EDT 2008

Hello All

Hope there is someone out there that can help me and guide in the right direction.
The "TX side" on remote qth is nearly there, and start to think about RX antenna.
Due to small space @ remote qth i have decided to go for EWE antenna.
The EWE antenna for 4 main direction NW-NE-SE-SW will  have an distance to TX antenna about
30-35 meter, so detuning of TX antenna will probably be needed.
Found som info on the  ARRL web and the article from WA4WVL about the Switcable directional EWE. This antenna is optimum for 160. I want to make this antenna compromise so it work also ok on 80 meter band.
Here is the size for 160: 10`x50`x10` (Feet) and term resistor 1.2 kOhm.
ISs there someone that have made this antenna and optimise it for 160/80 and what is the size ? size and also value of term resistor.
I know that difrent ground also give difrent value from qth to qth, but anyway i then have an starting point.

TNX 73 de Rune LA7THA

Regards
Rune Egil Øye
New mail address : la7tha at tussa.com