Topband: CQ DX...calling protocol...

doktorij at bellsouth.net doktorij at bellsouth.net
Mon Aug 25 13:59:53 EDT 2008

Steve,

Some will make the QSO and some will be very put off by it, depends on conditions.

Probably your best shot at finding what you need will be during ARRL 160 and Stew Perry, possibly CQ160.

I've worked LP WAS in a weekend with 100 watts. I'm currently working on QRP WAS, have the toughest ones, KL7 and KH6 already. ND could be a challenge tho'...

Don't give up, try calling and listening around 1810 and watch for state QSO parties that include 160M, like the upcoming Tennessee QSO Party. (hint, hint)

73,
Julius
n2wn

Tennessee QSO Party