Topband: P29 Papua New Guinea dx expedition

ik4gme ik4gme at libero.it
Wed Aug 27 12:48:16 EDT 2008

After reading the recent message about P29 by Richard L. King  K5NA.......

At 18.39 8/21/2008, I wrote here on this reflector :

Hi guys,
Derek > G3KHZ  has confirmed to me by  email there is a chance for next P29 expedition: http://www.425dxn.org/dxped/p29_2008/ to be QRV on topband with a good amplifier and a Titanex or Battle creek antenna , but they need more money ....the budget for air freighting that top band gear out and back is $1,400  !!
It is my intention to try to help the group to collect the necessary additional money . At present with my local friends i can promise them up to a total of about 150 $ .
Are there here in the reflector, other topbanders who need P29 on 160M who can take in consideration to send some green stamps to G3KHZ and group?
If yes, can You please make me know your call sign and  how much $$ can send  , at  ik4gme at libero.it   ?
DO NOT SEND MONEY TO ME !
After a week from now i will say to Derek the amount available by email and, in case of goal , i will immediately advise everyone by email-replay to send the promised money DIRECTLY  TO  HIM , or possibly using PAYPAL following WEB page instruction.

73
John  IK4GME

Well (? ! ) guys,

at present, after 6 days,I have collect $ 455,00.

This amount, comes from only 12 OMs inclosed I and my local
friends ,and 2 donation were maded for solidarity from USA-OMs that have P29
already confirmed !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
Still need at least about 950,00 $$  HI !!

So , I thought that many people needed P2 on topband .....but now , I am not so sure !

I know some OM with about 300 confirmed countryes on topband who still need P29 ,but  now , I begin to think that this is just bad luck for them (and for me) , HI !

Good luck ! 73
John  IK4GME