Topband: tuesday conds

Daniel Glanc ok1dig at seznam.cz
Wed Dec 3 08:36:07 EST 2008

The night of 3rd December was a real DX experience for me. After a long time
I was QRV on 160 again

with the new Titanex V160S with DXE RFS-2 Receive Four Square Systém (
spacing unfortunately optimised

for 80m - resulting in low gain on 160 ) However, the conds were fantastic -
I worked 54 US stations in 27 states

and several VE's including BC and SK, being called by FM5BH and P43JB as a
bonus. I was called by many others but the

poor performance of the 80m receiving antennas was a big handycap . my
apologize to the callers.

However the V160S with 64 full size radials performed well on the TX side.

Looking forward for another adventurous night on the topband.

73's Daniel OK1DIG ( JO60xj )