Topband: Live Audio and S Meter Video

Stan Stockton k5go at cox.net
Sun Dec 7 10:54:41 EST 2008

A couple of weeks ago I was wanting to compare a couple of antennas and thought this would be a good way to do it if someone was set up like this in Europe.

I will leave this on for a few days and see whether it helps anyone.

If you go to k5go.com and click on LIVE CAMERA you will see the S Meter on an  IC-765.  The receiver is on 1836

If you use the following link you will hear the audio from the same receiver.

http://71.29.254.161:88/broadwave.asx?src=1&kbps=128

There have been a few instances where it was necessary to open Windows Media Player and then go to FILE and then OPEN URL and paste that link in the  window in order for it to work.  In other cases it works right away by pasting the link in your web browser.

Good applications would be to compare signals with a friend or compare antennas.

The antenna on the receiver is a single wire beverage about 1000 foot long to the NE which is split a few times, one of them going to a SDR-IQ which is now on the reverse Skimmer thing.  Location is near Harrison, Arkansas.

Would appreciate any feedback you might have on whether it was useful to you and how.

Stan, K5GO