Topband: Coping with noise - responses

Charles Bibb zedkay at telepak.net
Tue Dec 9 09:12:55 EST 2008

Thanks to all who responded to my post seeking info about the INRAD
roofing filter and the W8JI noise blanker mod for my Yeasu FT-1000MP Mark V.

Overwhelmingly, it was suggested that I run out and buy a K3!  But,
with the economy (both regional and personal) like it is, that's just
not in the cards.

Consensus was that the noise blanker mod would be of no value in this
case because it corrects a problem that occurs when the NB is set to
the "OFF" position, and my question concerned its operation in the
"ON" position.

Opinion was split over the performance enhancement to be gained by
adding the roofing filter, but it's likely that I'll be asking Santa
Claus for one ;-)

73,
Charles - K5ZK