Topband: Tuner ??? on 160

Shelby Summerville k4ww at arrl.net
Fri Dec 12 17:37:24 EST 2008

LA5HE Ragnar Otterstad wrote: "THat problem seems to be quite common with
most socalled  KW-tuners.
The only one I have had that worked witout problems was the Ameritron ATR-30
and a home-made tuner
with heavy coil and vaccum capacitor !"

Without knowing, or needing to know, any of the technical details, I can
attest that my XMatch has had absolutely none of problems, previously
described. I'm using a sloper, approximately 120' long, mounted
approximately 45' on the tower, and, using my XMatch I can cover the entire
160 meter band, and run legal limit power.
http://n4xm.myiglou.com/

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW