Topband: NA sunset opening

Lennart lennart.michaelsson at telia.com
Mon Dec 15 06:22:39 EST 2008

G'day all,
Turned on my K3 just to check condx around 00.00 z (that is 0100 local) and much to my surprise the band was wide open to NA with several eastcoast stations way over S9. A few min's later the northern part of NA westcoast started rolling in, strongest was Jim W7ZQ , 599 on my TX vertical but N6TR and VE7UZ had good signals, best on my tiny rx 4 square. That must have been just around westcoast SS. Later on some W5's had good signals but SM7BIC went zzz.
160 has almost turned into 24/7/365 hobby!
73
Len
SM7BIC