Topband: Inverted L SWR change

Gary Smith Gary at doctorgary.net
Tue Dec 30 10:32:00 EST 2008

I had to leave the QTH to care for an ailing friend for a few days
and before leaving this morning. I went back to the L and took a look
in the light.

Last night the wire was firmly in place when I pulled really hard on
it but this morning it was indeed in two pieces; one end attached to
the plate and the end piece of wire had fallen limp over the pulley
used for picking up slack and sway from the trees.

I picked away at the separated piece on the ground and indeed, there
was no wire in the center, it had indeed separated and only the
insulation was holding the wire in place. I was using the steel
center copperclad telephone drop line; usually that stuff is strong
enough to tow a car with.

Now to get a wire back up but this time in miserable weather...

I need a better bow.

Gary,
KA1J