Topband: Experience with 160/80M vertical

George Badger gbadger at sbcglobal.net
Fri Feb 1 15:53:54 EST 2008

Tree
Read my article pg. 37 current Feb. issue QST. It describes my experience [with an EZNEC analysis] of a similar arrangement. It shows running a full length 160M 1/4 wl wire up one side of my tower, over a boom and mast extension back down the other side of the tower [ bent-over monopole ]. It makes a better vertical than an inverted L arrangement.  It is omnidirectional within 0.1 dB. The numbers comparing the two are in the article.
You are going to have a sensational 160/80 M. array.
Congratulations.
73
George   W6TC