Topband: Inverted L

Ron sparkrohan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 5 22:09:46 EST 2008

Any recommendations re adding 80m to an existing 160m inverted L? Would it be better to:

  1)  insert a coax trap
  2)  Tue the antenna at the base (LC network)?

  My concerns are if the coax trap will decrease 160m performance? If I impedance match it at the base, it will be a 1/4 on 160 and 1/2 wave on 80m. The problem there being 1/2 wave verticals usually are asociated with line radiation problems.

  73 de Ron, 4S7RO