Topband: tar

w2pm at aol.com w2pm at aol.com
Fri Feb 8 14:41:27 EST 2008

----Original Message-----
From: N9OY at aol.com
To: w7dra at juno.com; topband at contesting.com
Sent: Thu, 7 Feb 2008 9:43 pm
Subject: Re: Topband: tar

I have used roofing cement, first I wraped joint with electrical tape
then
about three layers of roof cement, it has been in the sun for over ten
years.
last fall I took coax down and cut the cement and tape open. the
connectors
just like new no moisture in connectors or coax.

N9OY

W2PM Reply --

I  guess tar is fine but it's sure messy, smelly and other adequate
treatments obtain a lot more efficient. The Liquid Rubber stuff is
excellent and seems to be available now in Home Depot.  I used to order
it from DX Engineering but it's commonly available and cheap. I've
coated tool handles with it as well and it's very solid and reliable.
For coax connections a no-brainer in my view and can be easily peeled
or cut away when you need to.

(http://music.aol.com/grammys/pictures/never-won-a-grammy?NCID=aolcmp0030
00000025
48)