Topband: VP6DX TOP band

Vlad,RA4LW ra4lw at rw4lyl.ru
Sat Feb 23 01:02:47 EST 2008

Hi guys!

   Feb'21, I arrived for sunset  (as usual, for the last 10 days), and
on 80m there was a "built up" signal VP6DX
   http://rw4lyl.ru/index.php?categoryid=4&p13_sectionid=2&p13_fileid=70

   Main direction to VP6 is 350 degrees, is a difficult path perhaps,
but they are always coming from NA, or from JA  on 80m. Never heard
them from LP.

   I switched to 160m 10 minutes before sunset, ... and everything
sterted then...A peak was exactly on sunset, at 1400z (S6), then
signal dropped down a bit, and I was able to listen it fairle for 23
minutes, and then he went QRT perhaps
   http://rw4lyl.ru/index.php?categoryid=4&p13_sectionid=2&p13_fileid=71
The sound is a bit "restricted" but you can hear something yet...

Great setup! Great team!

Vlad/RA4LW (VP6 #248)
http://rw4lyl.ru