Topband: Jan02 conditions

Merv Schweigert k9fd at flex.com
Wed Jan 2 13:18:51 EST 2008

Top band was much better this morning,  the storms have
moved off a little and QRN was down to S9 on peaks,
Worked OH, RZ4,UA4,YL,VK, JA, RZ0 etc.
Last nite G4, LA, OZ. LA, etc.  So the new vertical is
working so far,  tuned it yesterday to 1830 so its ready
to go.
This morning was copying OH1XX one hour after my
sunrise and he faded out.  Will be working on better
receive antennas now also.  Need to figure out what
path signals are coming in from and get beverages in
those directions.  Seems skew path in the evening to
EU for sure.
Will be QRV almost daily at sunrise / sunset my time and
at times around 0700.  I usually am on about an hour
before sunrise tuning.
Hope to work those who still
need a KH6 on top band.
73 Merv K9FD/KH6