Topband: Re-ADSL & telephone RFI problems

Ron vk3io vk3io at iinet.net.au
Fri Jan 4 01:18:08 EST 2008

Here my 160 dipole is right over the house (only 30 mtrs high) and my phone
line is underground and I am using a D-Link DSL504 (the modem first
installed when I went to ADSL) and no special filters and on all bands, no
matter what antenna I am using or how much power, I never have had any RFI
problems and none on receive either.

So I was very lucky with my installation.

Obviously there are some good RFI free adsl modems and some bad ones (from a
RFI point of view). Some are cheap low price give-away models and some are
not necessarily cheap ones, just ones using maybe a 1.843 Mhz (or other
crital frequency) crystal oscillator for the MPU.

HNY to all Top Band Reflecties, from Ron, vk3io.

PS. The adsl telephone filters (cheap and readily available) are great at
removing RFI getting into the modern electronic telephone, even if you don't
have adsl.