Topband: Quick question on radials

jacobsen_5 at msn.com jacobsen_5 at msn.com
Sun Jan 6 13:07:15 EST 2008

Ian, G3NRW, was asking about the most efficient use of wire for radials.

Ian, IF I remember correctly, the ARRL antenna book  OR  ON4UN's book on low band antennas, has chart/graph on the most eff. use of wire for radials. Shows numbers/vs length and the expected loss in db over a ground screen of 120 radials under a 1/4 wave vertical. Most hams in the know would probably say to put down as many as you can, as long as you can get them. At some point there is a trade off for the amount of wire available vs length. If I get time, I'll dig through the books and see if I can find the info for you.

Good luck with the project.
73 es GDDX
K9WN  Jake