Topband: FW: MN8-CX cores

Jim Brown jim at audiosystemsgroup.com
Fri Jan 11 16:36:27 EST 2008

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008 15:41:04 -0000, john devoldere, ON4UN wrote:

>I have bought hundreds of MN8CX cores over the past 20 years, and bought ALL
>of them in the US. I buy them from Vic Misec, and pay a VERY LOW price, a
>fraction of a $ iof I remember, and that for whatever quantity.

>Check out http://exax.net/

Thanks John. The company is new to me. The website lists them at $1 each for
16 pieces, $1.50 each for 4 pieces. These, however, are cores for Beverage
transformers. The question I was responding to was for cores to slip onto
coax to build string of bead chokes.

You might want to check out my work on coaxial chokes. Much more "bang for
the buck" than the traditional "string of beads" chokes. Are you familiar
with the Fair-Rite #31 material, which provides significantly better
performance on 160 and 80? Do you know of any equivalent products by other
companies?

73,

Jim Brown K9YC