Topband: Partial Radial System

VE3MGY vy2mgy at sympatico.ca
Sun Jan 13 09:53:07 EST 2008

>> I have a property restriction which makes ground radials possible only
>
>> over 180 degrees of the ground plane. What will be the impact of a
>
>> half ground plane.

During the summer months here in Ontario I have to take up all of my radials
( ~80 of them  ) from ~080 degrees through to ~280 degrees in order to cut
grass and tend to the gardens. Over the years I have found that I am still
able to work DX in these "bare" directions with little or no noticeable
difference most of the time.  Don't give up trying just because you don't
have radials in the direction of the DX. I have even worked some new ones
this way in pileups so there still must be a decent amount of RF getting
through.

73
Brian
VE3MGY