Topband: 160M Daylight QSO's - Conclusion

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Sun Jan 13 23:02:10 EST 2008

   I listened for several days in a row last week at the appointed time and on every antenna I have for a daylight Qso. Not a peep. I think I am outside the limits for you East coast guys. One fella and I even tried a test on 75 meters from the East coast to Oregon with zero results. The path loss is just too large for what is likely a double hop from the East coast area to here in central Or.
    I am willing for a schedule for another test if someone desires.  Equipment is TT Orion transceiver, TiTan amp at 1.5KW.  90foot TX vertical with >100 Radials and 1000 ft Beverages to the East plus other RX antennas.
   I would be quite surprised to hear anyone past a couple thousand miles or so but I am sure willing to try again.
   Lee K7TJR Oregon