Topband: Daylight 160 Sked

Lee K7TJR k7tjr at msn.com
Wed Jan 16 01:38:55 EST 2008

      I listened to 2.5 Mhz WWV today during broad daylight in an effort to hear WWVH. I could not find enough notch in any of my antennas to effectively null out the Boulder signal. Boulder is incredibly strong here on 2.5Mhz . I will measure its actual signal level tomorrow but I know it was well over S9 here. I could however hear the WWVH signal this evening when the path got stronger.
    Very interesting is that often in the early sunrise here signals to the West over the ocean come in at what seems very high angles. Not always though. Now we are seeing signals at what seems very low angles at daylight. Thats quite a shift of angle as the layers change during the day.
     more tests to follow.
  lee K7TJR