Topband: Un-terminated Beverages in an array

Charles Bibb zedkay at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 17 16:22:20 EST 2008

Has anyone on the list successfully utilized UN-terminated Beverages
in an end-fire pair array?

I don't have room to place a pair in the direction of interest, but I
can place them on the reciprocal heading.  I was thinking of using
two close-spaced (about 15 feet) UN-terminated Beverages staggered
about 60 feet and cross-fire phased to pick up from their rear. Or,
will the close spacing cause mutual coupling problems due to their
being un-terminated and therefore no longer aperiodic?

Thoughts, anyone?

Charles - K5ZK