Topband: Cable Modems

Bill Gaines AD8P ad8p at wcoil.com
Thu Jan 17 21:20:42 EST 2008

Recently I had Time Warner come out to install digital telephone. Prior to this I was a Roadrunner subscriber and used their digital television package. Also prior to this I experienced no trouble. After the digital telephone was installed and well after the technician had left I realized that when I operated full power on 40 and 160 I knocked the cable modem offline thus ending the telephone and internet services. I found out that by adding a couple of unknown torroids to the telephone line from the modem to the telephone that everything cleared up when transmitting on 40 but when I send the first "dit" on 160 it gets knocked off. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I might do to correct this problem short of canceling the digital phone and finding my old modem in a scrap heap at Time Warner?

Thanks
Bill AD8P