Topband: 80m/160m trap vertical

Tomas Magyla tomas.magyla at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 16:48:47 EST 2008

Hi,

A modified wire version of Battle Creek Special was used in A35MT expedition
19-26 Nov 2007. Operated as SOSB LOW on 80m in the contest, and 40/80/160
before the contest. A sketch, trap details, SWR curve taken by VNA, and
photos, and some sort of operation description is available here:

http://www.qrz.lt/ly1df/A35MT_eng.htm

My version did include 40m trap as I wanted to have 40m band available as
well. With 40m band trap excluded, and the wire length going to the 80m trap
extended to one quarter of the 80m wavelength, would be your desired
80m/160m version, with a wider 'acceptable' SWR range on desired bands than
40m/80m/160m version.

73 de VK2CCC

I would be interesting in hearing any stories about trap verticals used for
covering 80 and 160.  One interesting case is the battle creek special.
 There
must be more data out there.