Topband: TBR-160

AD5VJ Bob rtnmi at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jan 31 19:29:05 EST 2008

 I have been asked by a few of you (also Butternut owners) off list to keep the list informed of the adventures with the TBR-160.

The radial system right now is very simple, I only have a few radials (22AWG) out and they are around the 30 foot length (not very
evenly spaced yet).

I hope to add more radials soon as WX and work schedule will permit.

So I have a little to add already.

On station in England (a G4) wrote off list (so I wont give his full call) and told me that he had heard me also and that I was 579
with him and encouraged the US stations to call CQDX more often.

Just a little later after working the G3 I tuned up the band a little and also worked Ireland with the TBR-160 he copied me at 559
and I the same for him.

Also someone had pointed out my mistake that the Butternut is an HF6V not the 6BTV (Hustler). I have a Hustler as well and got the
numbers confused so sorry about the confusion.

I am going to try my hand at CQing some tonight and see what might come up.

Listening to OM2XW right now who is building here in EM12du land.

Bob AD5VJ