Topband: Transmit/receive logisitics...

Herbert Schoenbohm herbs at vitelcom.net
Mon Jul 7 09:48:00 EDT 2008

Steve Hanson;

 My Kenwood TS-830s does not have a separate receive antenna input. As a
newcomer to 'Topband' I am wondering about the logistics of switching from
Xmit to Receive when using a separate listening antenna
input.........switching from Xmit to RX when using a seperate antenna.

Steve,

I use here a MFJ-1026 in reverse mode.  The noise input port  is connected
to my Beverage bank switch.  With the 1026 front panel controls you can dial
in either antenna or use it in noise cancellation nulling mode.  The unit
takes care of the RF sensing switching and even has a RCA connection for TX
keying from a 12 volt source if you wish.  This unit avoids surgery on the
radio and provides front end protection as well.

73,

Herb Schoenbohm, KV4FZ