Topband: Rx 4 square switching box

Luis Mansutti IV3PRK luisprk at tin.it
Sat Jun 14 16:07:21 EDT 2008

Hi friends,

While building the switching box for my new receiving array a thought puzzled me.
I'm trying to be careful with the grounds isolation, i.e. the verticals ground system not connected to the central box and feedline output through a separate windings xfmr.
But could be also a good idea to keep the -12VDC of the 14 relays insulated from the metal box (and the combiner grounds) and thus return only to the shack through their own multi-wires control cable?

Sorry if this is a trivial question which could let the technicians smile !

Many thanks and best 73

Luis IV3PRK