Topband: 160 Rrceiving

ken barbiekenw at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 16 22:48:28 EDT 2008

Thanks for the responses.  Some off line, not everyone is crazy about it - as expected.  (I am considering the ARAV-4P version -- I really don't want to
face the effort for a full scale T/R setup since some radials would go thru wooded areas.)

 Actually, I am quite surprised how well my transmit antenna works -- there are lots of antennas out there that are not as good.  I use sloper now with radial system, most about 90-130' burried.

 I have to work within about 3 Acre back yard, fairly square, but two towers in it..  A beverage would be only about 480 feet long, IMHO too short.

So I expect I will install the ARAV-4P.

If anyone has any specific reccomendations on setup/dimensions, reply to me off line.

Ken K5WK