Topband: Laptop AC Adapter

Hirsch Chizever htchizever at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 21 14:41:34 EDT 2008

Thanks to all who recommended solutions to rid me of the noise from a
replacement Dell laptop AC adapter. After some experimentation, it became
obvious that the adapter should be sold as an RF jammer. I did apply a
Corcom filter tailored for switchable power supplies to no effect. However,
as soon as the adapter brick and wires were encased in aluminum foil, the
radiated signal went away. So those who recommended the hammer solution
happen to win in this scenario. I ordered an OEM adapter to replace it. I
have also ordered some Fair-Rite #31 2.4 OD toroids to help with some other
noise culprits as many have suggested.

Thanks again,
Hirsch, KW0V