Topband: Operating with separate TX and RX antennas

Brian Machesney nekvtster at gmail.com
Fri May 2 16:44:34 EDT 2008

Now that the snow has melted up here in the taiga, it's time to add a
separate RX antenna. I'm considering a Waller Flag and have a question
concerning how to use it inside the local environment of my TX antenna.

I read a lot about flags being sensitive to nearby objects and I know how to
de-tune those objects, but my question is this: if the object to be detuned
is my TX antenna, don't I have to switch the "detuner" in when I'm on RX and
switch it back out when I'm on TX? I assume that my TX antenna "looks
resonant" to the RX antenna even when my rig is in RX mode.

Brian K1LI