Topband: Small Receiving antennas

w2pm at aol.com w2pm at aol.com
Thu May 15 10:42:51 EDT 2008

OK1RP Writes:

>>Hello folks,

Some time ago I arranged the K9FD coaxial loop and W2PM MiniDiamond loop
(thank You Pete!) both with pre-amp on my pocket size garden and it
works pretty well for DXing according to their very small size...

I agree with Pete, W2PM that its not cost effective to buy Wellbrook
ants as
the mag loop for nulling the local noise is possible to make easy and
cheap at home.

73, Petr OK1RP

W2PM Replies:

Just to clarify Petr's message re the "W2PM MiniDiamond" ...  I may
have been the most active guy here experiementing with it, etc. but the
original idea and brains behind it, and tremendous support I got in
experimenting with same was from our late friend Earl, K6SE!

I may be more correctly cited as the Prime Author and Master of
Dysfunctional Receive Conditions here in NNJ (but it makes succeeding
all the more fun on 160 and thanks to Earl's many contributions and
those of many other true experts here!!