Topband: Spotlight on VE3??

VE3MGY vy2mgy at sympatico.ca
Sat Nov 1 13:14:51 EDT 2008

Good day all

The spotlight was certainly shining on VE3 this morning. RZ0AF was Q5 copy
here for 45 minutes! He would be 519-529 and then after about 40 seconds QSB
to 219-319 for about 3-4 minutes, but never into the noise, before the cycle
repeated. On and on it went until at 1057z when he went to a 559 on his peak
and I worked him for a new DXCC and Zone [ through some QRM ]. The funny
thing was that I had no one else on frequency calling him for about 35
minutes - even though he had been spotted. It must have been either a narrow
example of  spotlight propagation or eveyone was sleeping in hi hi.

He was best on the 360 bev so it was a true polar opening. A few times
during the opening he was briefly copyable and all the bevs when his signal
must have went high angle, as was mentioned yesterday.

73
Brian
VE3MGY