Topband: Elevated Radial Question for 160-m

RLVZ at aol.com RLVZ at aol.com
Fri Nov 21 00:47:12 EST 2008

Hi Guys,

I'm putting up an Inverted L on a 88' tower.  I'll have 85' vertical and 50'
horizontal with a 25 ohm Unun at the feedpoint.

1) What is typically the best distance to space the vertical wire from the
tower on 160-m?

2) If I use elevated radials they will need to be 15' above ground at the
tower in order to clear the roof of my house.  Would there be any problem with
running the coax feedline from ground level through the middle of the tower and
connecting the center conductor to the vertical wire 15' above ground and the
shield to the elevated radials at the same height?

3) I only have room for 2 quarter-wave radials.  Does anyone know how many dB
2 elevated radials will be down from 4 elevated radials?

Thanks & 73,

Dick- K9OM