Topband: Western Pa report & Montoring the Boring

Jim Scott zebrahauler at alltel.net
Sun Nov 23 21:15:40 EST 2008

Top band continued to be in fine shape tonight.  UA0YAB peaked 599 but no takers.  Same last night with UA9MA.  Now if I could only find a UA0Y!!  HC5WW was 449 cqing as well. Spotlight propagation at it's finest.  A number of Eu's herd .    I monitored Tree N6TR/7.  An FM kept calling him but couldn't make Tree's log until his amp warmed up.  UX/UA/G3 called him but got no joy.  Tree's signal would go from 20 over down to 579 .   I noticed polarization changes on his and several DX signals by switching antennas............DX never sleeps.........Scotty WK3N