Topband: Reversible Bev using ladderline??

Missouri Guy n0tt1 at juno.com
Tue Nov 25 11:37:38 EST 2008

> If I should stay with ladderline......is there some type of
> insulator, like
> electric fence insulators, that are large enough to let the
> ladderline slide
> through...easily w/o catching on the insulator?

I've used 2-inch pieces of PVC pipe.  I drill one "small" though hole
in the middle.  Then make one of those holes large enough to
allow a phillips-head screwdriver to pass thru.  To secure the insulator
to a post or tree, I use one screw.

I normally slit the top of the PVC pipe sort of diagonally
with a handsaw.  That allows the ladderline to be
slipped in/out without removing the PVC pipe.

If a tree falls on the line somewhere, the slit PVC pipe will
breakaway without damaging the ladder line.

Best,
Charlie, N0TT