Topband: DX Engineering ARAV2-1P Receive Antenna

Jay Camac n4ox at frontiernet.net
Wed Nov 26 20:56:48 EST 2008

Is anyone using a single DX Engineering ARAV2-1P vertical receive antenna on 160 or 80 meters? I have one and it doesn't seem to be working very well at all. Yes, I have communicated with DX Engineering who gave me several things to check which I have and all check out ok. I realize this is not a Beverage antenna, but think it should work better than it is. I have tried adding radials which didn't change anything. If you have one, I'd like to talk with you off list and ask you some practical questions.